Hearty Turkey Tacos
for 6 servings
1 lbtomatillo, husks removed(455 g)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ medium white onion
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- kosher salt, to taste
1 teaspoonolive oil
1 lbground turkey (455 g)
- ½ medium white onion, diced
1 teaspoonkosher salt
1 tablespoonMcCormick® Hearty Spice Blend
¼ teaspoonchili powder
- corn tortilla
4 tablespoonscrumbled cotija cheese
- radish, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Make the tomatillo salsa: Place the tomatillos in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the tomatillos have turned darker green in color and some of the skins have started to burst. Remove from the water and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the jalapeño, garlic, onion, cilantro and cooled tomatillos. Blend until the cilantro and onion have broken down, but you can still see the tomatillo seeds. Be careful not to overblend. Season with the lime juice and salt.
- Make the turkey filling: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften and caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the ground turkey. Season with the salt, Hearty spice blend, and chili powder. Stir occasionally, allowing the turkey to brown slightly. Once the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes, remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the tortillas in a clean skillet or over a medium-low flame on a gas burning stove. Wrap the hot tortillas in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm as you heat the remaining tortillas.
- Assemble the tacos: Fill the hot tortillas with the turkey filling and garnish with salsa, cheese, radishes, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.